In consideration for all members and guests and their safety, California Family Fitness has established required rules of gym etiquette. These club rules are posted on the workout floor of all gyms and will be enforced by Cal Fit staff members. See the Pool Rules page for policies specific to the pool areas.
Club rules are as follows:
- A workout towel is required during workouts.
- Wipe down equipment after use.
- You must allow other members to work through when performing multiple sets.
- Do not stand on exercise benches.
- Do not attempt to move equipment.
- Dot not place weights on upholstery.
- No foul language.
- No loud or strange noises during workout.
- Members may not bring their own exercise equipment in to a Cal Fit facility.
- No children under 12 allowed in exercise area.
- Cal Fit is not responsible for any personal belongings lost or stolen in the clubs or parking lots.
- Do not store valuables in the locker room or your vehicle; we suggest using a small pack for keys, wallets, and jewelry.
- If you have more than one plate per side of barbell, you must collar the weights.
- No gym bags on workout floor.
- Inspect equipment and machines before using. Report any problems or repair needs to the front desk.
- No loitering anywhere in club or parking lot areas.
- Re-rack weights after use.
- The use of cell phones for calling purposes is not permitted within the club or pool area, with the exception of the lobby.
- Inappropriate conduct and/or offensive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Tank tops are permitted, but chest and back must be covered.
- Fresh laundered gym attire is required.
- No denim shorts, pants, or cutoffs on the workout floor.
- No open-toe sandals or shoes on the workout floor.
- No clothing containing offensive, harassing, or discriminatory language, messages or images including those that are sexually suggestive, exhibit discriminatory bias or prejudice or engender hatred or violence.
California Family Fitness reserves the right to alter and/or add to the rules at any time, in order to maintain the best possible exercise environment.