The objective of the California Family Fitness Adult Basketball Leagues is to promote and conduct a positive activity which encourages sportsmanship, fitness, and healthy competition in an atmosphere of fun and fellowship in the form of organized basketball.
GENERAL LEAGUE RULES
All leagues held at California Family Fitness will be under the current CIF High School / NCAA basketball rules. (Rules are based off the current CIF HIGH SCHOOL/NCAA rule book with all additional Rules / Policies approved by the Sports Director and Officials).
- Before the start of each game team captains will be required to fill out their team roster with each player’s first and last name, along with the individual’s jersey number.
- A team must start the game with four (4) players and finish the game with four (4) players.
- Each game will have two (2) 20 minute running halves with the last two (2) minutes of the second half being stopped time.
- If there is an 11 point or more lead the clock will continue to run.
- Half time is 2 minutes.
- Five (5) fouls per player, technical fouls will count as a personal foul.
- Loud, out of control foul language and obscene gestures will result in a technical foul. Please remember that this is a “Family Fitness” center, and to carry yourself in a professional manner for the children who watch you play.
- Common fouls will result in free throws, starting with the 7th team foul (one and one).
- Two free throws will result following 10th team fouls (double bonus).
- Dunking is not allowed.
- Each team will receive (2) Timeouts per half, 30 seconds each.
- Overtime situations:Each team will receive one (1) Timeout in Overtime, with Team fouls carrying over. Overtime will be three (3) minutes with the last minute being stop clock. If the score is still tied, a 2nd Overtime period will be played. The first team to score five (5) points will be determined the winner. During the 2nd Overtime period there will be no clock, no timeouts, and no fouls to give.
- During free throws the ball is “live” on the release.
- Players shift one (1) position (up) towards the free throw shooter (as in the NCAA). After timeouts if you have a free throw the clock will not start until the ball is touched or in-bounded by a player.
- After Timeouts the clock will not start until the ball is “in-bounded” and “touched.”
- Numbers are required on every jersey.
- Any player without a number on their jersey OR does not have the same color jersey will receive a Technical “Team” foul.
- The other team will be rewarded two (2) points and the ball per player, every time they enter the game .
- If you have three (3) players without the right uniform it will cost you three (3) Technical “Team” fouls and six (6) points.
- All players will be required to wear “non-marking” basketball shoes.
- Teams should have reversible jerseys that are light and dark colors with numbers on each side. In doing so this will prevent teams from having the same colors.
- Basketball / Gym shorts only . Cargo or Denim material will not be permitted.
- No jewelry will be allowed. For example: Necklaces, Watches, Earrings, or any other types of jewelry will not be permitted.
- *Only exception – Rings without sharp edges. For example: Wedding bands, etc.
- All rosters with wavier forms must be turned in before your 1st game. Managers are responsible for all players on the team.
- Rosters are due by the 2nd week of the league.
- Any roster changes must be made one (1) week prior to playoff week.
- Players are only allowed to play on one (1) team per league.
- Players must play in at least one (1) game to be eligible for playoff participation.
- All Officials are CIF certified and members of the NCOA (Northern California Officials Association).
- REFEREE / OFFICIAL FACT AND RULE DECISIONS:
- The decisions of The Official regarding facts connected with play and interpretation of the Rules are final. The Official may change any decision prior to a restart.
- POWER OF THE OFFICIAL:
- The Official’s power to assess penalties, and otherwise assure fair play and maintain control of a game extends to violations of the CIF HIGH SCHOOL/NCAA Rules committed during play, stoppages, and as players proceed to and from the field of play. They shall have the authority to banish players, managers, and or spectators from the game, the player’s bench, and the gym for any misconduct.
- GAME REPORTS
- Subject to administration policy, the Official will file a game report including: all ejections, protests, information on any other disciplinary actions, and other incidents such as (serious injuries) or circumstances occurring before, during, or after the game.
- Officials will submit a report to the league director within 24 hours after any game in which a protest is filed or when it has become necessary to banish players from the game. Any player who continues to direct remarks toward the officials or opposing players after being banished from the game shall be automatically suspended from further play in the league. This includes players who abuse the game or league officials after the game is completed. All decisions regarding protest and suspension lengths will be made final will be made final by the Sports Director.
- REFEREE / OFFICIAL STAFF:
- California Family Fitness management would like to re-affirm that the Officials appointed to officiate each game have complete authority and that their decisions with the game are final. Officiating will be monitored and assessed periodically to provide for quality officiating. Constructive comments regarding The Officials are welcomed and encouraged. Please submit any comments in writing. Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing and contain points of fact. Do not discuss officiating with The Officials or the facility staff during or immediately after the game.
- If you don’t have 4 players at start the game you will have 5 minutes (of game time) until the game will be considered a forfeit. No games will be rescheduled that are missed. Any team that forfeits more than (1) game will not qualify for the playoffs. Any team with more than (2) forfeits will be disqualified from the league, without a refund. Team Managers must contact the Sports Director at least 24 hours prior to game time of any forfeit, for eligibility to any exceptions to the rules explained above.
- Use of ineligible player
- Un-sportsmanlike conduct
- Team receiving three technical fouls in the same game
- Any player that receives (2) Technical Fouls will result in an ejection from the game and will have to leave the building immediately. Each technical will result in (2) points plus possession of the ball.
- All ejections have a minimum suspension of (1) game, and will fall to the decision of the Sports Director to determine the suspension length, and potential fine.
- Players that are ejected twice in the same season will be suspended automatically for the rest of the season and will fall subject to a fine prior to the start of the next session (if allowed to participate at all).
- Any team receiving (3) Technical Fouls in (1) game will automatically forfeit the game. If this happens twice during the same season the team will be disqualified from further league play. No refunds will be given to any team that violates this rule.
- Championship t-shirts will be given to all players who are on your roster and played at least (1) game. Championship t-shirt order forms will be distributed following the Final.